Rain in Summer...

In the sweltering summer heat of april, trees filled with flowers of different colors of yellow, lavender, pink and red, trees laden with mangoes, new leaves paving their way from the barren branches with a spray of green on the trees.

Today, we were sitting at our desk; we saw that there was a change in weather, maybe nature’s call to cool down the heat. A strong gush of wind was blowing the trees and bushes in the campus left and right. My first instinct was to go for a walk in the wind and have a nice hot mocha. Me and my colleagues went out to enjoy the wind. I was exalted by the fresh air and the wind when it blew across my face. Slowly there was a spray of rain mixed with rain was pushing the trees and branches in the direction of the wind. We could hear the strong winds whistling among the leaves.

We stepped out towards the food court to get our coffee. The moment we stepped out it started raining in torrents. My friends sped ahead to reach the food court before they get drenched. I love the rain, so I enjoyed every moment and was walking calmly. It rained so heavily that by the time I reached the food court I was wet from head to toe. Still the rain and wind were lashing in full spirit from one end of the food court to the other end.

I was shivering so much but still was raring to go out againJ. We took our coffee which seemed to be cold in this weather. A nice hot coffee with beautiful rain in the campus…what a view..what an experience…I loved it every moment.

We waited for some time until the rain could calm down. Then we tried to reach our block, the roads were filled with water, trees were uprooted and fallen across the path. I din expect the rain to be so strong.To avoid the water clogged road, we took a side walk, but came across a fallen tree. So I jumped over it and walked past it. I felt like I was in a trekking trip walking across the forest. I was just missing this kind of action.

It just refreshed me and my mind. What a start to the weekend…hope the weekend will be as enjoyable as today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BELIEVE

Its Autumn...

A day in spring...