Welcome to the Monsoon Rains..


In the midst of the COVID19 weather (lockdown, work from home, social distancing etcJ), I happened to come across some small yet interesting moments which kinda make me a bit thoughtful.

As I take my evening breaks after the day’s work, I get to see the most amazing sunsets right from our terrace. I can see that all the kids are getting back to traditional ways of spending time and playing, which is quite a positive change. In my neighborhood, there are lot of kites flying high in the evening breeze . At times the winds are stronger as the monsoon is about to set in. It is indeed quite a view and mind can relax forgetting the stress.




One of the days, I happened to see a Red kite glowing brightly , soaring slow and steadily higher up in the sky as if the spotlight was on it. On the other side I could see the sunset with the sun’s rays playing hide and seek behind the clouds in amazing patterns. As the Orangish rays spread across the grey clouds the red kite was merrily reaching far and wide. It was as though it was trying to meet the sun’s rays like old friends catching up after a long time. It felt as if they were both meant to be together and seemed so jolly having a great time with a jingle in the air. It was a crazy thought but i did really think it was so amazing.

At that moment i missed my friends with all the adventure, short and long walks, enjoying the sunsets, hiking the trails.









Today morning, I happened to get back to work after a break of two months. It was like going back to school after summer vacationJ. The early morning schedule, bus ride, the views, early morning sun lighting up the temple shrines along the way, the fresh crisp morning air made me feel so refreshed. At office, we had some preventive procedures and checks to be in accordance to the regulations to ensure all are safe.

As I entered the office, I could see that it looked quite a bit empty with only 10-20% of folks back in office. I saw that, even though the campus was not trimmed/ pruned as it would normally be, there were views that still adds to the beauty of the campus. The lotuses in full bloom amidst the clay and shrubs floating in the pond, the morning light spread across the lush green landscape. These were some of the things I missed. A good walk to the building heralded the start of my day.




              In the evening, again as I rode back the bus to home the evening breeze, I happened to see a full-fledged peacock perched in full view along the walls along the way. The weather took a sudden turn as the summer evening sky was covered with dark clouds of monsoon. As this whole transformation was happening, still the bright red and yellow gulmohur trees lined along the way to home were adding so much color and beauty to the atmosphere.

               As I got off at my stop, the slight drizzle turned into a downpour unlike anything. My home is just 5 mins from the stop and as my father picked me up already drenched in rain I joined in the fun. It rained so badly that we got drenched completely. It was the monsoon rains and I felt like a small kid and thoroughly enjoyed every moment even though it was unexpected. The lightning show, the thunderous music and the splatter of rain cooled down the summer heat.

It reminded of this song which I really like from the hindi movie Wake up Sid….

“ Boondon ke motiyon mein ghul ke ehsaas aaya
Waqt se nikal ke lamha dil ke paas aaya
Chhuke guzra tha par dil ko na mehsoos hua
Ab jo dekha toh woh lamha dil ko raas aaya
Yoon ke tai kar na paaoon re..

Dil ki baat main hawa ke
Zariye pahuchaun re
Ya khud hawa pe chalke, aaun re
Tum se pyaar hai ye khul ke
Jin mein keh paaoon re
Lafz who kahaan se, laaoon re

Wake up that's your calling
(That's your calling)
Life is coming your way..”


Sometimes..we just need to forget about all the fear, chaos, confusion and enjoy these simple and small moments that makes life so beautiful, meaningful and filled with hope if only we take time to live in the present moment and take notice of it.

                                                    

                                                                                                                                            - Nirmala B.J

Comments

Sai Devotee said…
Awesome writing...:-)

Popular posts from this blog

I BELIEVE

On a Rainy day