An evening to remember!!

What an awesome evening it was today!!

After a long time i'm getting back to my writing and sharing some of my thoughts.


Being a Friday evening i started off from work with just a plan to visit the Bellevue downtown park. I was enjoying the beautiful weather and the view from the bus ride as always. Along the way i was wishing to get to see the majestic Bald Eagle enroute as i always scout to get a view of it. I was just thinking about it and behold i saw one soaring so beautifully over the lake with Mt. Rainier in the backdrop. I was entranced in the view and felt very happy.

Later , as planned i got down the bus to walk to the Bellevue Downtown park. Its a great park and with amazing views and very serene.

As i walked towards it i was reminded of the experiences i had on July 4th Independence day. I visited the park to see the fireworks. It was good to see that the park was finally renovated and open for public after almost 6 months . I was missing those walks which i used to do sometimes.



The park was as beautiful as ever and filled with people , excitement , anticipation for an awesome show. There was a wonderful symphony that was being played to celebrate the evening. They were playing it very well and i enjoyed every bit of it.  They played a medley of some of the classics, theme music of Indiana Jones, Jurassic park and it was fantastic.

I walked around exploring the park and found myself a spot on one of the wooden benches shared by some a couple of unknown new friends. The fireworks was scheduled to start at 10 PM.

I could see the excitement, families gathered to have a good time, with school being off all kids playing enjoying the slides and rides arranged for them, some people celebrating their eve of citizenship etc. As i waited an elderly lady came over with her two sons to the bench we were sitting. I thought they may need a spot and was about to give away mine. She went around and was feeling the bench, how strong it is and is it comfortable. As i gave my seat, she sat on the bench and was sharing with her sons that it was very comfortable and good.

I was just standing beside. She was from India as well so she started a conversation with me. She explained to me that the bench was made in memory of her beloved husband. They have been in US for long and they were coming to this very park everyday for several years for their walks.
 They liked the place so much that after he passed away they made this bench in memory of him and she felt close to him when she sat on it. I was totally moved by it and felt very good and respectful that there are such people too who love each other so dearly.



Long story short, it created a good memory in my mind. So as i went to the park today i wanted to sit on the very same bench and enjoy the view.

I did just that with a book to read and exploring the serenity of the park in the pleasant weather. The gurgling sound of water along the edges, splash of the sheets of tiny waterfall, kids feeding the ducks in the pool, people playing games  on the ground.

After some time i walked a bit more and sat on another location under the sun enjoying different view of the park and the paintings created by mother nature in the canvas of the blue sky. Blood red roses in full bloom in the bushes beside me. I again started reading my book which was equally entertaining and enjoyed every moment of it.




As i walked towards home , i just took a turn back into the Bellevue Art museum just like that so impromptu. Of all these years i had never been inside it.

It was a First Friday free day to the museum and the special feature was paper art work made by various artists from different locations. It was good to see that art can be created using paper, plywood, glass pyrotechnic etc.





Few of the exhibits were exceptional. On the whole i enjoyed the experience and felt like these are the simple moments that make life so beautiful.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BELIEVE

Its Autumn...

A day in spring...