A walk in the rain...

Seattle and Rain go hand in hand which is something like bread and butter:).

             It was a perfect rainy day this saturday with rain pouring in full glory throughout the day. Before we get to the rainy part, let me share my experience in the break of dawn this saturday.

         As i woke up it seemed to start on a cool note. As i was sipping my cup of tea in my balcony, I could see the stage setting for the rest of the day live in action. Its been my habit to enjoy my tea observing the cloud formations in the morning.  Initially, i could see the formations like a pair of eyes looking at me from far beyond through the clouds. 




                Slowly it was followed by a band of greyish black stretch of clouds. As it drifted along, it took the form of a giant bird with outstretched wings just flying across which was a bit shady. 




                But, there was a bright window of light that was also shining above the clouds . It was the sun peeping through the clouds to herald the break of dawn shedding light everywhere.



             It reminded me that there is always light after darkness and hope will always find its way (instead of Life finds its way in Jurassic park:)).

             As the weather was light and mild sunny, i went on a walk to enjoy the views. 'Make hay when the sun shines' can't be more apt than now. Me and my friend took our walk surrounding our community. This was all just before the rain. 

             I could feel the gentle breeze touching my face with a whiff of fresh morning air. The whole walkway was lined with trees with just sprouting new leaves with the most lightest and greenest possible shades which was a treat to the eyes. There was also the background score of gurgling tiny stream of water that flows alongside. We could also see that the ducks were still snoozing and dozing off in a small duck pond. They were missing out the rain break :).



           All of this was adding to the amazing experience altogether before it started raining and we had to rush back home in the rain:).

           There was no stopping the rest of the day and it poured down all day. In the evening we went on a short drive and i could see the buildings all drenched.



              The next day which was a sunday was much better and i again went on a stroll exploring a different direction after the rain the previous day. It felt as though the trees were just out of bath and all seemed so clean and fresh. The raindrops were clinging on to the freshly blooming tulip buds and other spring flower beds. It was very beautiful. 






           All of this made me feel that I should enjoy the little things in life which makes you feel content and relaxed. Also, it brought me back to focus on what we really need and not drift away from being my real self.

Who knew that just a walk in the rain could bring out such thoughts....

With this note ....sharing new experiences which i would like to cherish..



                                                                                                                           - Nirmala



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BELIEVE

Its Autumn...

A day in spring...