Reflections of an evening in Spring

I always love the transition phase of seasons. It becomes so unpredictable and always comes with little surprises that makes my day refreshing. Mother Nature is as surprising like a little baby whose emotions are so unpredictable yet honest.





Being friday, i was hoping for a relaxed weekend and the day started with showers predicted to be sunny in the evening. It indeed was a very beautiful day with the sunny side of the day in full glory by evening.

I could get the glimpses of mother nature's artwork in our Seattle downtown in the noon.




I headed from work in the evening to explore and stroll around our Bellevue Downtown. I wanted to see the Meydenbayer beach which is small, not crowded but pleasant one close to downtown. As i walked towards it exploring new paths and enjoying the views of cherry blossoms in full bloom here and there and shaken up in the cool breeze forming a carpet on the ground. But the Meydenbayer park was closed until fall due to some construction. 




So i headed to my next pitstop...Bellevue Downtown park. The weather was so perfect. Little bit of sun, cool breeze, new leaves growing everywhere, daffodils in full bloom, Little tulips just raising their head..i always like these small things which we normally ignore:).

As i entered the park, it was like a stage full of action everywhere. Children playing in the play area, a father and son playing catch, people doing their walks, running, parents with their kids, people walking with their dogs. 

I went on my walk and stopped over near the little falls we have at the duck pond. I love to listen to the soothing sound of water and watch the playful ducks and enjoy the reflections of the downtown buildings. 







I did my walk and just sat down on the bench relaxing and throwing away all other thoughts. I could see the ducks basking in the sun, grooming, playing, swimming, playing hop along the cascading skirt of water in the pond, little kids playing alongside, in addition to the scenery the cloud formations adding to the shades of light all over the park. Wow...what a view!!




I sat in the park for some time and headed back home. On the way i did another stop to do some shopping prepping for upcoming summer:). I had another unexpected wonderful experience. As i was checking out, the salesperson in Macy's who was looking a bit grumpy but helped me find my stuff and also greeted with a most unexpected smile and jolly remark which was awesome.

I also did bit of photography on the downtown buildings with the light being perfect and reflections all around. It made me reflect on my own self bringing me back to be myself.





I could see the reflections and shimmering downtown at sunset. The cherry on the cake was the clear view of the tip of Rainier as i rode the bus to home smiling all along.I also happened to visit my good friends to have a cup of tea and had a good time.

 Finally back home with a feeling like my soul has been rejuvenated. Its like transforming of a caterpillar into a butterfly. It just needs some reflection time to show its true colors.

An awesome evening to remember which is why i thought of this writeup.

Life has its own breath taking moments that makes it worthwhile every bit:).


                                                                                     - Nirmala





Comments

Unknown said…
Amazing photos . Liked the way you narrate. It feels like I was experiencing the scenery in person . Walk the talk :)

Popular posts from this blog

I BELIEVE

Its Autumn...

A day in spring...